need answer within 10 days!!! please!

tangojayJuly 5, 2012

I am going to have my pool finished within 2 weeks, the elctrician will be here in 10 days to wire equipment,,,,,, I am having an additional panel installed because of the length of the cable. I have updated to the Colorlogic lights and now I will like to have the pool lights come on and off automatically and also my landscaping lights, I have seen couple of Hayward panels, the oncommand and the ecommand, I don�t want a remote, my question is which one do I need to control all the pool functions minus the spa heater and also be able to turn the pool lights and maybe my landscaping lights,,,, landscaping lights not a big priority since I will have access to two GFI outlets and can run them with weatherproof timers I have,,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Some landscape lights have internal timers in the transformers.

A Hayward Pro Logics controller can control and has a built in sub panel (up to 150 amps). You don't need a remote with it either though the wireless Aquapod would be useful.

The Color Logics will also need a control board in the Pro Logics panel.

I would encourage you to use it to control the equipment for moving the valve actuators, heater, and pool lights. I would also use it for the landscapes rather than the timers in the transformers or external timers. It can also control a Turbocell if you have one without needing an external PSU.

Scott

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 6:58AM
More Discussions
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Inground pool contractor recommendations NJ
Looking for inground pool contractors for Tuckerton,...
leh3
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™