Q fabric quality

bev2009February 14, 2012

Do you find that the charm packs at Joann's seem to be lower quality fabric? It seems to be that sometimes the precut fabric look cheap. I have some quilt patterns I got at a garage sale this summer that came with the fabric precut. I finally pulled them out to look at them, and the fabric looks very cheap to me too. I haven't really been buying fabric since the 70's, when fabric was made in the USA and was pretty much all high quality. All you experts, please educate me!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toolgranny

I don't consider Joann's to be high quality. But, they are now starting to handle some that is heavier. You get what you pay for so it's your choice. I still have some old quilts that have bits from Joann's because that was all I could get to at that time. Once quilted, you wouldn't know.

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 7:08PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Bev2009, I consider anything at JoAnns that's in a bundle or taped/tied together to be inferior. Just my opinion of course. I consider JoAnns to be more of a hobby shop, but like Linda said, they have some nice fabric. Even the Kona they carry isn't the same as buying from HOP. I'm getting more persnickity about where my fabric is made, too.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 7:41PM
K8Orlando

Especially their bundled, pre-cut fabric isn't the best but it works for some applications. They have started selling some higher quality quilting cottons but of course the price is higher too. I was very surprised the first time I used their Kona because it is definitely not the same as Hancocks.

Bookmark   February 15, 2012 at 12:26PM
More Discussions
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
Scouting out locations for our next retreat...
I was so excited to meet up with Linda (ToolGranny)...
loisflan
Sewing Cabinet opening size
I have a new Babylock Crescendo sewing machine (equivalent...
kimwebs
Are you quilting this weekend? March 27-29
I stayed up late last night making a teapot block for...
lindaoh_gw
Heart Blocks
These blocks are made up of 3 1/2" squares of...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™