OT E-mail compromised

tuppermomFebruary 27, 2013

I want to say sorry to any of you that received e-mails from me
with the subeject "Mary Van Dijk"

My e-mail was hacked and messages were sent to everyone in my address book. The message is simply a link...DO NOT OPEN IT....

I have scanned my computer and have no viruses and changed my passwords so hopefully this will not happen again.

Maryv

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grammyp

It would be so nice if these jerks put all this effort into honest work instead of hacking people's e-mails. I haven't gotten one, but thanks for the heads up.

beverly

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 6:56PM
tuppermom

I checked my history of locations where my e-mail had been signed in. Someone signed in from California....I have never been there. I have deleted it as an approved location and will be checking my history and settings more often.

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 7:25PM
quiltnhen

tuppermom,
Curious, how do you check that. I'm in California, but obviously not using your email!
LindaB/CA

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 7:33PM
K8Orlando

How disturbing! I've been lucky, considering how many sites I visit and how many email connections I have, but I know so many people who have had this problem including my DH. Thanks for letting us know so we can watch for it!

Kate

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 8:24PM
tuppermom

I know people with e-mail other than Yahoo who have had problems but this bout seems to be mostly Yahoo. I know that the Yahoo groups I am a member of have been having issues with all of the spam for a few weeks.

LindaB: I have yahoo e-mail so I go to Mail->account information->account settings->view/update saved locations.
I then removed the ones that were not approved by me.

Maryv

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 8:43PM
calliope

Just happened to me, and the only other group I follow is facebook. I hate web based email and that's what the new computers force you into. Thankfully I know the routine and nipped it in the bud, but lots of users aren't as geeky and it's a giant pain in the butt.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 10:27PM
More Discussions
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
Baby Quilts - may be photo 'heavy'
Will attempt to post pictures of four of the five baby...
beth7happy
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
What I LOVE about Houzz!
Now, I'll bet THAT comes as a surprise, right? From...
beth7happy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™