February Accomplishments (pics)
Well, last March I started cutting fabric for Melanie's quilt. Those at retreat saw me start sewing them on Saturday night and working Sunday morning, feverishly until it was time to pack up.
I've finally finished the top!! It won't get any borders...it's already much larger than planned.
The pinwheels are 3-D and the hearts are done using a product called 'Texture Magic'. You stipple/stitch this product to the back of your fabric and then steam it. It shrinks up the fabric permanently. I then used the embroidery machine to embroider it in a heart shape to the quilt.
The prairie points will remain pointing in along the outside edge, stitched into the blue binding. I think I have enough blue left to back it as well. I'm thinking echo quilting around the hearts, but not sure what to do with the pinwheels, yet.
Might get it finished before her birthday in April!!