Big decision

loisflanFebruary 5, 2014

I pondered and pondered and finally decided to leave my Janome Jem here on Maui rather than schlepp her home and back again next January. So I packed her up, said a tearful goodbye and stored her in the owner's locker for next year. I won't be taking any classes before I retire (which will be in mid-November of this year) and we'll be coming back to Maui for two or three months in early 2015, so she's staying here. I don't have room to keep her set up in my sewing room, so she just sits in the box at home anyway. I had my 6600 serviced while we were gone, so I shouldn't need a back-up (I hope). It's funny how attached we become to our 'babies.' The thought of leaving her here made me kind of sad. I think I'm getting senile.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Awww! It sound kind of like if you had to leave a pet behind! But I'm sure she will be fine. You don't have to worry about extreme temperatures, and you don't have to worry about her getting banged up in travel. Sounds like a good plan to me!

Have a safe trip home.

Donna

Bookmark   February 5, 2014 at 2:40PM
littlehelen_gw

Something to look forward to...The Reunion!!! Sounds like you will need to work on your fabric stash until then...fun!
V.

Bookmark   February 5, 2014 at 9:03PM
grammyp

I do hope you left her a bit of fabric under her presser foot so she doesn't get lonely.

beverly

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 8:44PM
loisflan

Oh, Beverly, that's so sad. I didn't, and I bet you're going to tell me that it's better for the machine too. There was one under the presser foot of my 6600 when I got it back from its annual check-up.

Bookmark   February 7, 2014 at 1:35PM
petalpatsy

I get attached to things too. My crafty stuff is my happy nest, so I like it all around me to feel the coziest. Sounds normal to me.

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 2:38PM
grammyp

I'm sure she will be fine, just feed her well when you get back. Perhaps some fine batiks?

beverly

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 5:06PM
More Discussions
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
Selecting fabric - need opinions
Hi! I'm working on a black and white quilt. Each...
jlt37869
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™