Question of Filling Pool

starplexJune 16, 2011

Most everyone's water is not as clear as they like it on the initial fill. I'm sure mine is no different and I'm sure it will have a yellowish dull tint. I actually have an older INTEX cartridge filter/pump that I had with one of those temporary soft side pools. Do you think it is worth trying to use it to filter the water prior to the water entering the pool. I could set up a plastic 55 gallon drum with two water hoses feeding the drum and then the pump pulling out of the drum. This would provide cleaner water and put less gunk on the pool catridge filter at start up, but is it worth the trouble?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Hayward makes a Bobby Filter for the end of your hose. If you have a well, it might be worth the $50. It isn't perfect but its a heck of lot easier for catching larger particles that may be in suspension as the well is exercised.

Scott

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 2:45AM
starplex

Thanks Scott. We are not on well water, but community water, but even then I'm sure it's not all that clear. Is the initial fill water color problems mostly due to unclean water, or is it actually more to do with the chemical imbalance, (pH, alkalinity, free chlorine, etc). I assume since this is the water we drink it can't actually be that dirty??

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 10:19AM
womanowned

It is mostly chemical imbalance than dirty water. The color settles down with good brushing and getting the pH of the water to the correct level.

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 5:03PM
kswl2

We are almost to the point of filling our 2,000 gallon swim spa and I am thinking of getting a water truck to fill it. We have a bored well and I don't know how long it will take to recharge if that much water is taken from it at one time. Has anyone used a water truck, and should I expect the quality of that water to be better than my well water?

We are putting in a bromine salt generator. The company doesn't put many of these in, and it has to have a separate touch screen control panel that will be inset in the deck, so the rep is coming to install it. I am wondering now if the color of the water will be off for a longer period of time between the water tank and the salt generator??

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
Screen around pool
Hi, This may not be the best forum for this question,...
ladoladi
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Putting in a pool/new backyard, opinions on all-in-one company vs
Hello, I'm looking for some info and opinions from...
CitznFish
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™