Decking Options

chase123December 5, 2009

When choosing a decking option for your deck or patio, consider the option of Composite decking. Composite decking does not require the same maintenance a wood deck takes. The maintenance that a wooden deck requires. Over time the cost and headache of power washing and staining a deck will exceed the amount of money saved over composite. View some composite decking http://www.kcdeckandpatio.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_hyatt

Yo Chace do you actually have an outdoor bamboo decking ptoject out over hmmmm 3/5 years? I am intersted in this product but so far I am not geting info from the Co that helps at all.

Your really not too far from OKC I could drift on over there and take a look.

Nice work. John Hyatt www.deckmastersllc.com

Bookmark   December 5, 2009 at 10:16AM
john_hyatt

Might be a little early but do you put down bamboo decking or just advertise it ? No prob either way.
JonMon

Bookmark   December 5, 2009 at 5:50PM
jimwoods49

Earnestly consider the hardwood alternatives. 5 years from now, the hardwoods will prove to be your best choice. www.CompositeDecking.ME has some good points to compare. www.ABSWood.com has GREAT support, best selection and best prices.

Bookmark   January 2, 2010 at 9:42AM
john8609

I built a multi-level deck using the evolutiondeck galvanized steel structure, finished in granite stone pavers. This is the best investment you can make in a deck - long life and maintenance free forever. see www.evolution-deck.com.

Bookmark   January 5, 2010 at 8:02AM
john_hyatt

Come up with some straight anwsers my man. Maintenance free forever has got to be put in print. J.

Bookmark   January 5, 2010 at 5:14PM
john8609

I should be more clear - our deck requires no maintenance. There is no required maintenance to the evolutiondeck structure over the warranty period. Maintenance of the surface finish depends on what you choose - we chose flamed granite stone pavers so really none is required. Sealing every few years is optional - we haven't yet and don't think we will. We spilt the BBQ grease trap onto the deck, and it washed away with some soapy water and a hose. Note there is no warranty on natural stone.

Here is a link that might be useful: info on stone pavers

Bookmark   January 7, 2010 at 9:12AM
More Discussions
clear roof over patio
I would like some advice/help with the clear roof over...
ktmast
How bad is this- builder did not use stainless screws on ipe?
I have a mess on my hands and would appreciate any...
LaylaJane
Venting a wood column to prevent rot
I have purchased some old wood columns that are stave...
dustynight
Gravel/Crushed Rock for a Patio
We are in the process of purchasing a house in Boynton...
splais
Ideas for front porch needed
Hello. We bought a house that was new construction....
jsandlin0803
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™