Gap between Coping and Decking

TwofootJune 24, 2012

Last week we had the stone coping removed around our pool and had it replaced with aluminim coping (along with a new liner). We anticipated that the coping would cover the area from the decking to the pool edge (as the previous coping had). However, the coping was not wide enough and rather than discuss the issue with us, the pool company went ahead and installed the coping, leaving us with this 2-3 inch gap around the entire pool, as well as exposed wood and some mortar around the corners.

Any suggestions on how to fill/deal with this gap would be greatly appreciated. Does the coping/wood/concrete pool wall joints need to be sealed to prevent water from seeping behind the wall/liner?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
muddy_water

Quikrete is the best way and you can color it if you want to add a border color....It does need to be sealed too prevent erosion from behind the wall....

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 6:30AM
Twofoot

What needs to be sealed? Between the concrete pool wall and concrete decking? Between the concrete pool wall and the wood? Between the wood and the coping? All of the above? What type of product would I use for that?

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 7:01AM
muddy_water

The void between the new coping and the concrete needs to be filled with Concrete / Quikrete to fill it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quikrete

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 8:15PM
More Discussions
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™