I feel like I just found the end of the rainbow...

loisflanFebruary 8, 2012

At the doctor's office this morning I was talking quilting, what else, with one of his staff, and she told me about a quilt shop just a mile away. This shop does most of its business on-line, but is also open for retail. I had never heard of it. Well, of course, I had to stop in (work can wait for another 15 minutes).

Oh, my gosh. It was fantastic! I love Asian fabrics, and there were hundreds of beautiful patterns. And batiks - wall after wall of fabric bolts. A whole rack of "food" patterns. And on and on. I was blown away. I can't imagine having this resource so close to home - only 20 minutes - it's actually the closest shop to me.

Their on-line address (which many of you might already have) is www.mybluebamboo.com . I can't wait to go there to actually shop. I need fabric for my baby turtle quilt pattern that I bought in Hawaii. I have no connection with this shop and I can't recommend them as to their on-line service, etc., because I have no experience with them, but I can say that their fabrics are wonderful.

Better get back to work, but I wanted to let you all know.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosajoe_gw

You are just having great luck after great luck!!!! I have nothing in our little rural area, but I looked at them online, great shop!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 2:27PM
msmeow

Wow, how cool Lois! I've been on their website many times through the FabShop Hops.

Have fun!

Donna

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 3:50PM
bev2009

I know just how you feel. I felt the same way when the new quilt shop opened up around the block from me last month. I'm still so excited, I offered to work for her...very part time...if she ever needed any help. It actually sounds like she might call.

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 9:42PM
lafonda_ranch

What an awesome find! And to have it so close, too. What a nice surprise.

Robbi

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 10:09AM
More Discussions
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
2015 February Block Lotto
(posting this a bit early so you can get a head start...
toolgranny
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Free Zelda Quilt Along to start soon
http://www.quiltinglinda.com/category-quilting/2015/02/16/free-zelda-quilt-along/ For...
lindaoh_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™