Machine Embroidery Artist Wanted

wynativeFebruary 12, 2013

I have been ask to make a quilt for a new baby and have a great idea (IMO) But the theme is Minnie Mouse and I need an applique of a 'Fairy' Minnie. I need it to be about 7" tall and 3/4" wide. Kind of like the Tinker Bell one's that you see, with a wand.

If you are interested in trying something like this, please contact me.

Thanks in advance,
Marie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mary_c_gw

Hi Marie,

While I don't want to quash your creative design ideas, you're facing a few problems.

The Disney characters are copyrighted - one can't simply alter them for commercial use. I understand that you would probably only use them on this one quilt, but anyone who produces the designs for you is at risk of lawsuit.

The other issue is the actual digitization. I have digitized a few original designs myself, and while I admit I'm not an expert, I'm in the "more than a novice" category. This is a labor-intensive operation! Many hours, even for an embroidery over applique type design.

But if anyone is willing - I'm certainly not going to tattle, LOL! It's just a complicated issue, with many aspects to consider.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 8:22PM
lafonda_ranch

Let me look on my machine and see what designs it has on it. It has a bunch of Disney designs built into it and I do know it has Minnie in the list. There are some sites were you can download (for a fee, so you pass the copyright issues) Disney patterns. I think the Brother site has a bunch (I've used it in the past).

I'd be happy to help you out, just let me know what you'd like to do. I will get back this evening with what I found on my machine already (it is a Duetta 4500D). I will see if there is a site that has the list of what is on it, too.

Robbi

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 8:40AM
lafonda_ranch

I'm not finding anything online that is on my machine, but I did find this image (not digitized). Is this what you had in mind?

BTW, were your measurements correct, 3/4' wide?

Robbi

Here is a link that might be useful: Fairy Minnie

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 8:49AM
wynative

Robbi - OMG that is PERFECT!!! I will message you : )
Marie

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 10:22PM
More Discussions
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
2015 February Block Lotto
(posting this a bit early so you can get a head start...
toolgranny
Spider Web
And I still have lots of scraps!!! The first border...
nannykins
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™