Backsplash ?

JonifMarch 11, 2013

hi again. Need a little help and advise, My white kitchen cabinets are being installed, and I am having a vinyl plank floor put in. I will be putting in tan/brown granite countertop. My question is , Should i not add a granite 4 inch backsplash if i put in something like subway tile? Not really sure i should do both.
I have no pics yet.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
remodelfla

I MUCH prefer the tile coming right down to the counter... no 4" strip.

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 8:27PM
suzanne_sl

If you're doing a tiled backsplash, the consensus is that it looks better to bring it all the way down to the countertop. This is a matter of preference, of course, and some do choose to do the 4" of granite and then tile above that. Or just paint about the 4"er. Check out the Finished Kitchens section, ignoring all the other eye candy, and look just at backsplashes. That should help you decide the direction you want to go.

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 8:39PM
Jonif

Thank you for the advise, I will skip the 4 in granite back splash and go with ceramic or subway tile.

Bookmark   March 12, 2013 at 5:49AM
legallin

Definitely skip the 4" BS. Your combination sounds pretty -- could you post pictures? What kind of vinyl plank are you using? Your colors/materials sound like what I am contemplating and I would love to see how it all comes together. Will look forward to your "in progress" and finished pics.

Bookmark   March 12, 2013 at 7:42AM
Jonif

I will post pic soon. I am using Mannington Adura luxury planks. I ordered them on line, a bit cheaper. Right now all i have are my cabinets up.

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 5:51PM
More Discussions
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
Ikea Process?
We're re-thinking things and are now leaning towards...
annaw_123
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Do I need an architect?
I have posted before about wanting to remodel my awful...
msmagoo
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™