Surefit Slipcovers

kimberlyrkbApril 18, 2014

Do you have a Surefit cover, and if so, how do you like it? I need to cover a sofa on our 1-season enclosed porch. It would be easier to go the slipcover route than make it myself. Reviews on the Surefit site are mixed. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elraes Miller

Go to Ikea and look at their tailored slipcovers. They are much nicer and less expensive. Measure your sofa and go with a slipcover that is at least an inch close to sizing. They will show measurements for the entire unit. Usually the back height is where it may be iffy. I've done some pinch sewing to get it right, but easy to do.

Actually, I can't understand why Surefit is getting so high in price, their fabrics are not very wear resistant.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 7:47PM
chibimimi

I found the Surefits were very hard to adjust attractively and pulled out of place if anyone sat on them. I threw all of mine away.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 8:11PM
Jamie

I tried the stretch slipcovers with separate seat cushions.

With tight-back furniture, the fit is very good. I found that it squeezed my down cushions too much and made them look undersized. But on a wing chair with a firm foam seat cushion I didn't have that problem.

If you are happy enough with the color and hand of the fabric, I think they're great option.

I .

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 10:13PM
kswl2

I purchased slipcovers for a chair and ottoman and they were awful. The fabric was cheap, the seams / sewing was poorly executed and they looked horrible. The old chair looked better without the slipcover! I got rid of them ASAP.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 12:24AM
louislinus

I too had terrible luck with Surefit slipcovers. They never stayed in place and I had to fix them anytime someone sat on the couch.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 7:39AM
gsciencechick

I really like my surefit slipcovers. I get the ones with higher spandex content and those work much better.

I have the stretch suede on the recliner, and the stretch velvet on the loveseat in the home office. The stretch velvet is really plush. I'ts almost attractive, LOL. It actually looks as good as the photo in the brochure.

Tried to upload a photo but I got an error message.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 7:57AM
kimberlyrkb

Oh shoot. I guess the general consensus is that Surefit isn't all that great. Thanks for the feedback. Back to the drawing board....

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 4:58AM
More Discussions
Can you ID this trim?
Does anyone know who makes this trim? I am trying to...
Snbtwins
Online Furniture Store Question
Has anyone ever purchased from the http://www.the-furniture-store.com...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Update on mcm landscaping - slow but sure progress
The concrete patios are in, but still curing. They...
rockybird
No Windows in the Dining Room
My dining room has 2 large wall with no windows and...
aloha2009
Check In here, Roll Call
Hello dear friends! Have you made it here ok? Let this...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™