need skimmer lid camouflage suggestions
Hi, We are planning to surround our pool with a flagstone coping and then lawn with flagstone steps set in the lawn (not a solid patio). We just came across a question we didn't know how to answer. Norm ally the skimmer and its lid are in the patio area just outside the coping. Since we won't have a patio area there, how do we want to camouflage the lid? Has anyone done this before and if yes, how do you recommend we camouflage it, or anything we definitely shouldn't do?
options so far:
1) skip the lid altogether and access it from the waterline tile area of the pool (clean look from outside the pool, but sounds like access nightmare)
2) cover the lid with a piece of flagstone with a couple holes in it that we lift up and it looks like it is just another step with a couple holes in it
3) get a tan lid and try to sink it in a piece of tan flagstone with a round hole in it
4) cover it with a fake rock
5) just leave it as is and deal with it
We appreciate any suggestions folks have.