Help with screened porch...opinions, suggestions, please!
I am having a screened porch built next Spring. The home is in a resort area, backs to woods, so a screened porch is a must. A few questions....
* would you recommend having recessed lighting installed? My feeling is lights attract bugs and I am not sure if we would actually use them, though many of the neighbors have them.
* wooded vaulted ceiling or vinyl soffit, flat ceiling? Just wondering how often would I have to clean that ceiling, if at all? The wood, I am thinking, is probably a more maintenance-free option????
* an interior french door slider will open to the porch, but there is no place for a screen, which is a big disappointment? I thought all sliders come with screens. Because we back to the woods, the gnats, spiders, etc., will likely be a problem and there will be no screen to keep them out of the house (unless we keep the door closed, and in all likelihood, the slider will be kept open Are bugs, spiders a big issue with screened porches? Sorry to sound so ignorant, my parents had a screened porch, but I have no recollection of bugs, etc.being a problem as a young child!!
I was totally oblivious!
*exit from inside of the housem slider to the porch, flush floor, or a step down? Leaning toward the step down. Your thoughts?
* Planning to use Azek on floor, aluminum rails? Good choice?
* anyone use the Super Screen screen? Opinions? Is it really as good as the company claims?
Thanks to all. Really need to finalize these details and appreciate your input, insight, opinions and experience.