My cousin found this place in her pottery class...

lafonda_ranchFebruary 10, 2012

and posted it on Facebook. There are so many quilting classes. I would love to take the week long hand quilting class. This looks like a really neat place to go and so close, too! Now, how can find the time to get a whole week off from work and go? I need more vacation.

Robbi

Here is a link that might be useful: Folk School in North Carolina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teresa_nc7

The John C. Campbell Folk School has a very good reputation. I have several friends who have been there for classes with their husbands and they all loved it. Wish I could afford to go.....

Teresa

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 11:20AM
calliope

Be still my heart! I am not near this place, but am in Appalachia none-the-less. There is something about our culture, and it is distinct, not only historically but also by ethnicity, and artistically. Sing behind a plough is so accurate. It's a heritage so worth preserving, and being 'out of the mainstream' in the mountains has helped to keep it as intact as it has remained today. I see they have some weekend classes..........perhaps you can fit into one of those.

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 4:17PM
sunnycentralFL

I have the good fortune to spend some time in the area of JCC near Murphy, NC. There is an informal quilt group there run by the nicest gal, Sammie. She is an instructor at JCC and teaches our group as the need arises. She is a generous gal and an award winning quilter. She specializes in repairing antique quilts.
In June there will be a quilt symposium in Cullowee, NC at the WNC university. Link is below. Enjoy!

Gwen

Here is a link that might be useful: NC quilt symposium

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 4:41PM
More Discussions
How about a QOTD ????
What is your bestest, most favorite, the "I never...
beth7happy
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™