long video tour of one quilting studio/house

sunnycentralFLFebruary 27, 2012

If you have the time for this 8 min tour, enjoy it!

About 4 mins in there is a cool templet rack for all the rulers...Linda, you might like it...it is big and takes up space.

It is obivous her DH is a woodworker of talents as well! The whole house is taken up by her quilting.

Enjoy,

Gwen

Here is a link that might be useful: stuido tour

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calliope

I gotta tell you I got a chuckle out of that one. Thanks for sharing. One can tell they are both happy and support each other in addictions (um, I mean hobbies). I was really impressed with the gent's woodworking. Drooling, actually.

I know a lady who spins and weaves. Her DH built her a studio nicer than some of the places I have lived in. I also don't feel so bad about my fabric collection anymore. LOL. I thought eight huge storage tubs, three dresser drawers and a closet full of fabric pieces were over the top. They do not, however, have a room of their own like she does. Just fun people obviously enjoying doing their own thing.

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 9:10PM
sunnycentralFL

Wasn't that something??? Thx for commenting. I thought I was the only one getting a chuckle over that setup! Whew!
I did admire his woodworking...that ruler holder was amazing. I'm just glad they could find a path through all that stuff. Lots of people whould say that about my little "filled to the brim" sewing room and one extra closet! lol

Gwen

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 5:20PM
toolgranny

I can see why you like that, Gwen. That rack is really something. Don't know where I'd sit something that big but bet Rob could figure out something similar that has a smaller footprint. thanks for sharing this link with us.

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 8:03PM
msmeow

I love all the woodwork, too. My favorite is the spiffy picture frame where the quilt hangs inside. Very cool!

Donna

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 10:23PM
More Discussions
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
Baby Quilts - may be photo 'heavy'
Will attempt to post pictures of four of the five baby...
beth7happy
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 20-22
I have been cross-stitching a birdhouse bookmark for...
quiltingfox
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™