Pebble Plaster Has Strange Discoloration

mrs_fluffJune 12, 2011

Hello,

Anyone out there experience a problem with their pebble plaster wherein it became discolored in spots? It's not quite like a stain but more of a faint but noticeable darkening. I bought the Jack's Magic stain ID kit and none of the chems produced a result. Now I'm left wondering if these are not stains but rather a problem with the plaster itself. I was told the pebble plaster got better with age and that it lasted a lot longer. As it is, this was a replaster (in 06) from plain white that was not done properly in 04. Within 2 years of building the pool, it became apparent that the white plaster was defective; black stains started showing through due to the plaster being too thin (or at least that's the line I was fed!). They didn't remove it but instead plastered over it with the pebble mix (which I chose in order to avoid future problems!). The "stains" aren't very noticeable in the sun but much more on a cloudy day. I pray this can be corrected!!! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goyom

I would think that the defective plaster should have been chipped out before applying the pebble mix. Do you have a warranty on the pebble mix ?

Bookmark   June 13, 2011 at 10:57AM
More Discussions
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
New Pool Build Conroe TX
We're very excited to get started on our new pool with...
kands
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™