Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator...fried board?

kevlion88June 11, 2011

I have an Aqua-Rite chlorine generator that I had installed when my pool was built in 2003. I'm on my second cell for it, and a couple months ago started getting salt readings that were all over the place. All the water chemistry was in line so I suspected a new cell was needed. I installed a new cell today and as soon as it was plugged into the controller, the LCD started to go blank. The fuse is fine, but sliding the control switch does nothing. I put the old cell back on as a test and everything seemed fine. I tried one more time with the new cell, this time turning off the power to the unit first. when I turned the power back on I had the same result as before...no readout. Now when I put the old cell back on, the LEDs all started blinking like crazy and the LCD seemed ok and then went blank as well. Now all that lights up is the "power" LED. Is my board fried or is something else going on here? Could the new cell have fried the board?

Help...please!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
muddy_water

Depending on the model there should be 2 fuses.There is one below the LCD display purple and 1 near the tranformer yellow. If you have a harded wired remote disconnect it top left from the board and see if it fixes the display outside.

Bookmark   June 12, 2011 at 7:28AM
More Discussions
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
Need advice on 48 refrigerator remodeling my kitchen
What 48 refrigerator built in looks and performs best...
mercedes316
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
mtrade01
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™