Help us get our pool back in order....

StaycJune 22, 2012

Our pool is normally crystal blue and beautiful. It will be a year old this July.

Well, the past 2-3 weeks we just can't seem to get it right...it looks horrible. It is screened in but we did just do landscaping and put sod down. We also sealed our pavers which the guy needed to use more sand. There has been a lot of rain lately also.

We have vacuumed the pool SO much...and have cleaned the filter several times too. Even acid washing the filter in water in a garbage can. The people at the pool store (I won't name names just incase) checked our levels several times and they are all normal. We even purchased a creepy crawler for added help. However, the water still looks cloudy and dingy. Can someone please help us get our pool back?

Thank you so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bruce_poolguy

I would recommend going back to the pool store and buying a quart or two of liquid "floc". Add this product to the pool let it circulate according to directions, then turn off pool overnight. The next morning everything suspended in the water should have settled out for vacuuming. Vacuum to waste if you can (add water to pool as you do), work slowly and all should return to normal. It may take a time or two but it worked on our service routes after some recent floods ruined our route pools, Good Luck !

Bookmark   June 23, 2012 at 8:57PM
poolguynj

I learned long ago not to trust some pool stores when it comes to testing the water.

Floc is rarely the answer.

What are your current chemistry levels and how did you test them?

Scott

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 6:00AM
springroz

Watching anxiously for the answer since I am having the same problem, only in a Medium-sized above ground....

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 12:17PM
goyom

Do what Scott said and post your numbers.

If its a dead algae bloom, it can take a while for the filter to pull it out.

I had a similar issue, got the chems right but was still cloudy, used clarifier and cleared it up.

Need to give more info and post some pics.

Scott will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 6:58PM
Stayc

Sorry for the late response...we got it all fixed. We had to shock the heck out of it. It was algae! Once we did that...it was perfect the next day or so.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 4:49PM
More Discussions
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™