EasyTouch vs. IntelliTouch
I posted earlier but did not do a good job of describing the situation. So, here is a second try. I am trying to decide between two bids - one with EasyTouch, one pump and a bunch of actuated valved and another with IntelliTouch. The bids are very far apart one about 10K and the other about 20K and I would rather go with the 10K option if it works.
Here are some details:
- The pool is 16'x27' and approx 14,500 gallons.
- The pool does not have a skimmer
- The negative ege is about 11' wide.
- The negative edge spillway is designed to have an auto-leveller
- The spa is 5'x7'. There are 6 jets in the spa
- The spa is be heated with gas
- There is small waterfall - the water has to go up about 8' but the flow is out of a 3/4" feeder so not high power by any stretch. I am guessing a 1/2 hp kind of pump would be more than sufficient
- the pool and spa are fully tiled (not plaster) and apparently that makes a difference to the cleaner so have not picked a cleaner yet.
- lighting: pool-2; spa-1; spillway-2, bench-2 (savi melody type)
- Equipment is right next to the pool - about 4' below pool water level. So, the plumbing is all right there. The longest pipe is probably 30'
- In-deck solar heating heats the pool and spa water during daytime and is right next to the pool but at the same level as equipment - about 4' below pool water level.
One equipment guy says everything is closeby and can be run off with EasyTouch, one pump using valves. Another guy quoted IntelliTouch, with 4 pumps. The bids are wide apart so I called Pentair and they said either one would work depending on the hydraulic calcs (which i do not have)
- I can easily schedule so that cleaning and solar heating is happening when the pool is not being used
- I do see the spa, waterfall, and negative edge all running at the same time.
- I can see negative edge, waterfall and deck jets running at other times.
For automation what I want is a simple system that anyone can use with minimum hassle(at least start/stop the functions needed)
Any thoughts? EasyTOuch or IntelliTouch? Can this really be done with one pump or will that too much of a compromise.