Is this layout OK?

mamattorneyMarch 9, 2013

Can someone please take a look at this listing (below) and look at pictures 3 through 5 and let me know if this kitchen layout is OK to work in?

I doubt I would have the ability to change much. In particular, I'm surprised that the plans call for a cooktop plus a wall oven together in lieu of a range. Then a second oven under the counter as well. Are those going to be hard to work with (too low?)

I know the cabinetry (with a lack of drawers) is not ideal, but I'd be OK with that.

Thanks so much for looking!

Here is a link that might be useful: Listing

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Angie_DIY

I cannot tell where the fridge is.... can you?

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 8:39PM
lyfia

Angie, there is a floor plan toward the end of the pictures.

The layout would function, but I think the fridge is too far for my liking. The counter space is useful though and the sink to stove area would work for my family.

What looks to be missing though is some pantry space. That would be a bigger concern to me.

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 9:01PM
mamattorney

In picture 3 on the far right you can see upper cabinets with nothing underneath - that's where the fridge goes. There is a small floor to ceiling pantry next to the fridge, but no counter (another negative . . . or is that countered by the fact that the island is close by?) I've linked to the full brochure - page 3 of 7 has a readable first floor plan

Here is a link that might be useful: Full brochure

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 9:04PM
smiling

I agree that the oven placements are problematic, but that would depend on how much you actually use ovens as opposed to the cooktop. If you do a lot of oven cooking, those really low ovens might get tiresome. If you're young enough to get the heavy stuff out from a low rack, then it would probably be OK. If you're a little older, I'd be more concerned.

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 9:54PM
mamattorney

Yes, the oven are worrisome, but I'm not really sure if it's a valid worry. Right now I have a wall oven where the door handle is at eye level, so no bending at all. I think I'm blowing the possible issues out of proportion. After living in an open ended galley for 7 years where I can spin in place and touch my cooktop, fridge, dishwasher and sink everything else seems overwhelmingly spacious and inefficient.

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 10:20PM
More Discussions
Gray Tile Grout - hideous HELP!!
Please help! I asked my tile guy to update our backsplash....
isheryl
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
Best mid (low?) range painted cabinet: Kemper, Medallion, Home Crest
Love this forum and would love to know anyone's experience...
fourquinn
Outlet Covers for Glass Tile?
Hubby and I finally found a backsplash tile that we...
ctincc
Layout review needed- please give feedback!
I think I'm getting closer to finalizing a plan for...
melis918
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™