Fiberon Horizon ventilation reqs.

niteshadepromisesSeptember 23, 2013

Ok is there some deck guru out there that can answer this for me. I want to do Fiberon Horizon decking on my new home. I'm doing a mostly (all but 1.5') covered deck in the very rainy climate of Oregon. The deck is being constructed using a waterproof system (uh theres probably a better name for this) where there is a waterproof membrane and a sleeper system above it. Come to find out Fiberon wants to dictate 6" or clearance underneath their line of decking..and we don't have it with this type of install.

So my question is...why does Fiberon require so much darn space under their capped composite product when something like Earthwood Evolutions (Timbertech) says they just require a minimum of a 2" (There must be a minimum of a 2" (nominal) sleeper system supported by and connected to the substructure over which the deck is to be built.)

Am I missing something obvious? I know which deck product I want and like the look of but I don't want to void my warranty right out the gate >

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
niteshadepromises

guess no decking gurus about, picked out a Timbertech product instead..sorry Fiberon >

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 5:41AM
More Discussions
Painting/stain lattice work
Installing new wooden lattice around my front porch....
becky556
Deck with no door to interior of the house?
I would love to build a deck off the back of our house...
Lowri de Jager
Gravel/Crushed Rock for a Patio
We are in the process of purchasing a house in Boynton...
splais
Ipe vs. Thermory
First post of what I anticipate may be many as we embark...
lmgch
Advice on new deck...On top of concrete, or remove concrete?
My wife and I are going to build a deck off of our...
Kyle502
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™