EZ-Screen windows

mindysteveSeptember 19, 2010

Does anyone have EZ-Screen Windows installed in a porch? They're aluminum-framed windows that hold mesh screens and 4 vinyl-glazed panels that lift up and down depending on how much open screen you want. (www.ezporch.com) We're curious how these vinyl panels hold up over the years. Do they scratch or discolor easily? Do they keep their shape and clarity? We have 100 degree summers -- do the vinyl panels withstand the heat? Any and all info & experience with these windows would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mindy & Steve

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momof3kids

I used the pgt ez breeze in my northern il sunroom - you can see the pics on the deck picture thread (search momof3kids) we put them in a year and a 1/2 ago- we still love them. We have had the kids backup chairs into them and they have a lot of give and haven't ripped yet. They go back to shape after a day or so. We had a big storm with high winds a few weeks ago and had no problems. We have no heat out there and so in the dead of winter, it is too cold. I like the fact we can get 75% screen in the summer. Very happy with them and they still look great!

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 9:59AM
Kathleen8491

We looked at these windows at the Minneapolis Home and Garden show yesterday. Are there any updates on these posts. Have they held up over the years?

Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 2:47PM
momof3kids

Still love my windows - haven't had any tears or holes - almost 5 years later - my friend got some holes from her dog's nails - but she replaced the vinyl easily but something to consider if you have pets and the windows are low .

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 9:54AM
KMRapp

I have recently purchased EZ Breeze and would say that it is a good product. I would strongly caution you when you order them online with the measurements. The measurement instructional video is poor at best and the person taking the order is incompetent. 8 of 12 windows purchased were too big and the company would not do anything to stand behind their product. Fortunately I can do some carpentry. The company is just out to make money and has no customer service

Bookmark   May 30, 2014 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
Would love your input for stair/deck remodel on midcentury home!
As you can see, we inherited an interesting staircase...
Kate
Staining fence
Hi, We had a picket fence installed last summer. Per...
posierosie_zone7a__
Can you please help educate me on this type of deck I want to build?
Background, I got a quote from a contractor on a second...
happyallison
Gossen Passport Decking - anyone?
We are in the planning stages of removing a 25 year...
constanceann
2nd floor covered porch questions.
1) What is the proper technique and layers for a porch...
Molly Dunning
Sponsored Products
Striped Heavyweight Textured Faux Linen Grommet Top 84-inch Curtain Pair
Overstock.com
Carrom Hi-Bol Portable Bowling Game - 660.01
$50.48 | Hayneedle
Screen Gems Hawaiian Coast Screen
Beyond Stores
Simple Living Frosted Pane 2 Drawer Linen Cabinet
Overstock.com
Ruched Velvet European Sham - CREAM (EUROPEAN)
$250.00 | Horchow
12-Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cellar
$299.00 | FRONTGATE
EZ Shelf Closet Organization 40 in. - 73 in. Expandable Large Garage Shelf in
Home Depot
Mackintosh Adjustable Oval Bowl by Hubbardton Forge
$830.00 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™