Color undertone: Elkay's "Divinity" in Medallion & Schuler

SparklingWaterMarch 26, 2013

I'm thinking of ordering "Divinity Classic" or "White Icing" PCO varnish cabinetry by Elkay.

"Divinity Classic" is a a creamier off white, but it may tend to yellow undertone(s) which I prefer not to have. "White Icing" is white and I'm not picking up grey undertones.

If any of you have these cabinets or as a dealer know their undertones, would you please comment? Do most tend to favor white over off white cabinets?

Our kitchen would look well with either. I have noticed that White Icing is easier to match granites to, due to the neutral white and lack of cream. Our hardwood floors will go well with either also and our kitchen faces east so we're choosing white toned painted cabinets.

I've done the white paper test: White Icing is not as bright as Hammerhill superbright copy paper; I don't see grey in it, just neutral.

I'd appreciate it very much if you could weight in on this question tonight if you could. I'm close to placing a cabinet order. Thanks very much for any response.

(I didn't post a photo due to computer color compromise, especially on whites).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maria33904

BUMP!
I'd love to know what people say about white icing. I really liked divinity in the store, but when I looked at the sample in my own kitchen (no exterior windows) it read very yellow to me and it did not go well with my tile floors at all. So now I'm leaning towards white icing. But I don't have a sample of it so I can't tell how white it really is (how white it would look in my kitchen) and if it has an undertone.

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 10:36PM
SparklingWater

I do have a small paint sample of both, maria. When I put them during the day time near a moderate sun window on separate white Hammerhill copy paper (super bright) it reads as follows:

white icing: neutral white- no clear evidence of gray/blue undertones nor yellow. Richer white than superbright. Placed against my BM Dove White Trim its a little whiter.

divinity: creamier off white. slight yellow undertone (particularly noticed in fluorescent light). Placed against my Dove White trim, it's noticably creamy off white.

For what it's worth, I placed my cabinet order in White Icing today, with families blessing. THe color opens up greater paint color and counter top choice imho.

Good luck.

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 11:03PM
petuniatwelve

I have Shuler cabinets in Divinity. Love them. They are definitely creamy. ..Had a pricier impact When it came time to choose countertops. But I would do it all over again.

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 4:02PM
petuniatwelve

Here's another photo...

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 4:03PM
SparklingWater

petuniatwelve-I only hope my kitchen is as lovely as yours. Divinity Classic is a beautiful color, and one I held onto until the very end. Thank you for sharing your kitchen photos with us. You must smile when you walk and rest in your soothing kitchen.

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 8:40PM
KBSpider

OT, Petuniatwelve, what is the brand of your range?

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 8:48PM
More Discussions
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™