Pressure washing marks

mattanSeptember 15, 2012

My painter pressure washed my deck despite me telling him I didn't want him doing anything to it. He did so carelessly and left marks. I just want him away from my house ASAP, so I'll be the one fixing it. (and I was planning to touch it up myself, any way).

It's an ipe deck. I plan to use the restore a deck system and then twp. ( I've done it before and it currently has twp on it.)

Questions: will the marks show through after after that process? Do I need to sand? If so, do I need to sand the whole deck so I don't have uneven stain from the sanding? (he also dripped paint and allowed it to dry, so I'm sanding that off anyway, so the last question stands even if the marks don't need to be sanded.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the past advice to others. It was invaluable when I was building/finishing my deck initially.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

If you want the finish to be even and the pressure washing marks to not be visible yes you need to sand the entire deck. The next concern is how deep are the marks as your nails or screws may now all need to be reset deeper as well. Why in the world would he pressure washer it against your wishes and my other concern would be how much pressure did he use to put marks like that in an Ipe deck? You need to rethink whom you hire as well!

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 8:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jumpilotmdm

Moron. A pressure washer properly used is a handy tool. In the hands of someone who doesn't care it invites crap like this.
I hope you get the look you want in the end but it may take the sanding to do it.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 12:33PM
More Discussions
How many steps to enter the house?
Just curious here, working with new construction determining...
deviantnic
Ideas for front porch needed
Hello. We bought a house that was new construction....
jsandlin0803
My partially completed Ipe deck, I got some questions...
Ok so I researched Ipe for a while and finally got...
jjd95
TWP and One Time stain...2 years later
I built a deck in the summer of 2009. Decking was garapa...
weedyacres
Deck with no door to interior of the house?
I would love to build a deck off the back of our house...
Lowri de Jager
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™