Kohler Whitehaven Sink Rack

brakehardMarch 24, 2013

Hello all,
This is my first post, but have been lurking for some time.
My DW and I will be starting a "refreshening" of our kitchen in July. We signed a contract last month, but the guy is so busy, that is his next slot. Part of what we are doing is the Kohler Whitehaven sink. I know they make a ss sink rack, but is anyone aware of a regular vinyl mat that would fit the sink? Since the drain is in the upper right corner, the demand may not be great enough for a company to manufacture one. Also, any comments on their ss rack would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kam76

I am curious about anyone who has the rack as well as this is the sink I am getting in my kitchen. I can say I have had a cast iron sink before and pots and pans will leave marks and over time the bottom of my sink got kind of grayish from all the tiny scratches/marks. So I will definitely be protecting the bottom of my sink.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 2:20AM
texas_cajun

We bought the rack Kohler makes for the sink, it wasn't that expensive in the context of the build ($80 through Ferguson's wih our builder and he builds about 8 houses a year, I doubt his discount is that big) and I didn't want to be mad at myself if I scratched the sink up.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:09AM
sserra85

I have the 36" whitehaven with the kohler ss rack to match. I really like it, and cannot see a reason to get a vinyl mat. The ick factor of a vinyl mat would bother me. I'm no dainty flower in the kitchen, and I have yet to have any scuff marks on the sink.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:40AM
ccfuss07

Just chiming in that I am also thinking of getting this sink and wondering if people are happy with it.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 10:53AM
brakehard

Thanks for all your replies. twn85, I understand about the ick factor. I think I'm more anal than my DW, so my thought is I wouldn't want to trash the nice SS Kohler rack. But then again, I guess that's what it's for!

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 10:35PM
ikeltz

We are also getting the same sink. I just have to decide on the color. White or sea salt? Decisions decisions.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 6:03PM
Holly- Kay

The Whitehaven is the sink I am getting also. I wanted the corner drain design. I asked my KD about this and he wasn't familiar with it. He had me scheduled for the Dickinson model. He called today and said he found the Whitehaven and likes it so much that it is going to be the apronfront sink that he recommends. He said the design will make for a much easier install. I am so glad I mentioned it to him. I was going to do the white but I wonder if there is a better color choice?

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 6:17PM
More Discussions
Kitchen colors....need something happy and vintage :)
I want to try to go a bit vintage with my low-dollar...
lavender_lass
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
palimpset....and others....kitch cabs, dark AND light?
what about light maple upper cabinets and dark lower...
mainewire
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
Undermount sink keeps separating from granite
We recently had granite installed in our kitchen and...
stnjan
Sponsored Products
KOHLER Bathroom Solid/Expressions 25.625 in. Solid Surface Vanity Top in Almond
Home Depot
Sterling 62050125 39.375W x 73.25H in. ADA Swirl Gloss Shower Module - 62050125-
Hayneedle
KOHLER Toilet Tanks Toilet Tank Cover in Biscuit 1036367-96
$56.40 | Home Depot
KOHLER Urinals Branham Urinal in Black K-4920-T-7
Home Depot
KOHLER Bathtubs Mariposa 5 ft. Right Drain Bathtub in Dune K-1239-VBRW-NY
Home Depot
KOHLER Bathtubs Mariposa 5 ft. Left Drain Bathtub in Dune K-1239-VBLAW-NY
Home Depot
KOHLER Bathroom Ellington Drop-in Bathroom Sink in Thunder Grey K-2906-8-58
Home Depot
KOHLER Bathroom Wellworth Pedestal Combo Bathroom Sink with 4 in. Centers in