microwave on countertop

scsandyMarch 21, 2014

Im in a 70s ranch and kitchen design then afforded no place for microwave so it must be on countertop-i hate that. Ideas for placement or concealment? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texasgal47

Scsandy, I feel your pain. My small kitchen was just remodeled, and there is still no room to neatly tuck the microwave into some obscure place, so it's still on the counter. One major change, though, was to trade a large bulky black microwave for a very tiny off-white one. I have a beige placemat on top with an artsy piece of stoneware on top of that so the overall look is softened. It no longer bothers me like it did before, and I like the convenience of having it on the counter. That doesn't really answer your question, but I searched vigorously and could arrive at no better solution for my situation.

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 7:17PM
fishymom

When faced with either a microwave in a wall cabinet or on the counter, we chose to spend the extra money for a microwave drawer. It is one of the best decisions we made!

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 7:27PM
debrak2008

Put it in an upper cabinet. Take the doors off if needed.

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 8:24PM
sixtyohno

I bought a small mw and put it on the other side of the kitchen door, in the laundry area. I didn't want it on the counter and I wasn't willing to give up cabinet space and lose the clean feel of the cabinets. The drawer was too expensive.

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 8:28PM
sixtyohno

I bought a small mw and put it on the other side of the kitchen door, in the laundry area. I didn't want it on the counter and I wasn't willing to give up cabinet space and lose the clean feel of the cabinets. The drawer was over my budget.

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 8:29PM
feisty68

I'm getting the Whirlpool 0.5 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave to put on a shelf in 24" island base cabinet. It also goes on the countertop and it's designed to fit in a corner with a rounded back. Seems like an affordable option if you don't need a big microwave.

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 8:49PM
More Discussions
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Moen Arbor Motionsense faucet and other faucet decisions
Hi - I'm so lost in the world of kitchen faucets and...
hazelwags
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™