Pouring Concrete Deck in the morning!

momoxanMay 25, 2011

We are pouring our concrete deck tomorrow and I'm making a fairly pathetic appeal to anyone for any helpful suggestions as to what to watch out for. Sadly, I am less than confident with our GC and know that I will need to advocate for myself as much as possible. It's a rectangular pool with precast concrete coping. We are pouring 4 feet of deck all around. The rebar has been inspected. I just realized though that we never discussed expansion control joints, or the joint between the coping and decking.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
womanowned

Hopefully it went well, since I see I am too late with suggestions. Basically there needs to be #3 rebar about 18" o.c. in the foundation and the rebar should be lifted up as the concrete is poured to allow the rebar to be totally inside the concrete. Expansion joints are necessary, but where depends on the layout...certainly at any 90 degree points. You probably shouldn' go over 10' -12' of area without an expansion joint. There should be 4" drains installed in the deck in areas between the pool and the house

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 9:50PM
More Discussions
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
Looking for opinions on pool companies South Jersey...
Also, suggestions for whether people liked their tanning...
Karyn Kettleman Van Buskirk
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™