Brushed nickle and chrome

kam76March 25, 2013

So how important is it to "match" your faucet to your hardware? I am leaning toward brushed nickle hardware on cabinets but I found a great (closeout) deal on an expensive faucet and the only in stock color is chrome. I am wondering if it will stick out like a shiny sore thumb or be something people don't even really notice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
acheavacci

I am am going with satin nickel hardware and a chrome faucet. I think the faucet gives a little bling to the room. I like it and if I am making a fashion faux pax, oh well. IMO it looks nice together. The only negative is the faucet may show water spots.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 8:04PM
springroz

Mine is shiny chrome, with antique brass hardware on the cabinets. I have stainless appliances. My faucet is a large bridge, so it is substantial.

Nancy

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 8:07PM
Gooster

If you google the forum or the blogosphere, you will see that "mixing metals", within reason, is considered "hot". From what I read, several years ago, this would have brought the style police to your door. (For the record, I am a "mixer", within reason)

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 8:25PM
EATREALFOOD

My hardware & faucet are brushed nickel and so are the pendants but my fan is chrome. As long as it's in the same family i.e. "silver", it will blend together.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 9:59PM
lexmomof3

I'm thinking of mixing brushed nickle (lighting) and chrome too so I was wondering the same thing. If anyone has pictures to share, that would be great.
What faucet are looking at?

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Dishwasher in white, black or panel??
My 17 year old dishwasher needs to be replaced. It...
shellking
Removing a load-bearing wall... $10,000!
Omigod. We just got a quote for removing the load-bearing...
ideagirl2
Ikeafans website has closed down
I know that the Ikeafans website was seeded by gardenweb,...
scrappy25
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™