Need to replace diving board

memama_gayleMay 30, 2011

Our fiberglass(?)diving board cracked tonight. I have no idea what kind it is. It is 8 feet long; 17 inches wide. It is attached to the upside down U frame with 2 bolts that are 12 inches on center apart. It has a 2nd u frame nearer the pool that has a rubberized cover that the board just sits on. Please give me assistance on where to purchase and is this something my son-in-laws could do or will a pool company need to replace? Advice please. Thanks so much!

Here is a picture of the diving board when it was first installed (yes, it was not straight and still isn't)

[URL=http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1353684506033736294FvqfWI][IMG]http://thumb14.webshots.net/t/14/15/8/45/6/353684506FvqfWI_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Hmm, let me guess. The board cracked on the right side, right?

How did the mason or PB not catch that front support was skewed because it is not as wide as the back?

The size you mentioned is common.

While my insurance doesn't cover working on diving boards, if it did, I would have refused to do it or to even sell it in this situation.

Can your SILs (multiple daughter Dad here too)? Likely with a mail order board.

Scott

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 10:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
memama_gayle

Thanks Scott. Actually, it has a crack on both sides. Will see if I can find a replacement on line. If anyone has a suggestion for a site please email me. gkabes@yahoo.com Thanks so much!

The builder of this pool is a thorn in the side of quality pool builders and in mine! I filed a complaint with the attorney general's office about this guy. The attorney general's office also had difficulty getting him to respond! They recommended to me to sue. Lawyer said it would cost more than pool. I have a letter (not worth the paper it was written on) from the pool company's lawyer that they would fix the things that were wrong with my pool. Couldn't get the pool company to come back or even talk with me after that. Bad experience...and now 7 years later I still deal with their poor construction!

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 5:44AM
More Discussions
Putting in a pool/new backyard, opinions on all-in-one company vs
Hello, I'm looking for some info and opinions from...
CitznFish
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
New constructions questions
I am new to the forum and new to pool ownership. I...
vpace
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™