Virginia Pool Builder- Please help!

btaylor001May 20, 2013

Hi-
We are in the very beginning stages of planning for an inground pool here in Rappahanock County, Virginia.

We are meeting with Town and Country Pools and NVblu in the next weeks. We have done alot of research on pool types- and have narrowed it down to a Fiberglass pool or a gunite pool. The Fiberglass pool sounds great simply because of the fact that the material doesnt get corroded by chemicals. We are hoping to do the salt water system... We however do want a very large pool as we have a large extended family and entertain alot.

No Diving board but since we have two young boys, think we want something pretty deep in case they cannonball and/or do a standing dive...Does anyone have advice on the VERY largest size of the FBglass pool... Any pool builders in Northern VA or Virginia that you can highly recommend??

Thank you very much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alysenlynn

I don't live in that area but in doing my research for our pool Marcus Sheridan of River Pools reached out and spent a lot of time helping us even though he wouldn't be our builder. I respect that and if they could build in our state I'd use them in a hot minute.

I came to find this company after deciding that I wanted a lesiure pool due to the gel coating and color options. They do have some larger options but fiberglass will always be smaller then gunite.

Here is a link that might be useful: River Pools and Spas

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 9:54AM
dcdz

I do live in the area and currently having a gunite pool built. This might be a little late but we are using Jesse Procter from Manasses. Your more then welcome to come out and see his work.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 10:10PM
andi_k

We are getting quotes from several, but are also leaning toward Jesse Proctor. He did several of our friends pools and they were very happy with him.

dcdz - how's the build going?

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 1:51PM
dcdz

Laying rebar today, with a little luck may shoot shotcrete Friday. It's a good size pool and took a little time digging it

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 3:32PM
btaylor001

dcdz,

We just spoke w Jesse today! We live in Amissville VA... is it possible for us to come out and take a look at the pool? We meet with him this Tuesday afternoon July 16th...

The Taylors

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 1:06PM
More Discussions
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
Almost there, infinity edge
Waiting on plaster and landscaping. Almost there......
poolmd
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
mtrade01
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™