indoor, in the ground pool expenses

mrshanson1May 6, 2012

Hi! Just went to see a house today that had an indoor inground pool. I loved the house. I am just wondering on the added taxes for an indoor pool expenses verses an inground outdoor pool. would anybody know? I live in MA.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MiaOKC

Hi - I see no knowledgeable MA peeps have jumped on this thread so I will take a stab at it. Here in OK, we can contact our County Assessor (or even view their website) to ask about this or see how it has been assessed. Our neighbors have a much larger house with an indoor pool. When I look at their assessment, I can compare my outdoor pool and their indoor pool, both of similar size, and see they have been listed as the same impact on the property details. However, they also have a 1900 sf "pool enclosure" listed on their report. Depending on if that area is heated or tied into the CH&A system, it can be counted as taxable square footage. Many people in smaller homes convert their garages to another bedroom, but even finished out, unless it is heated it does not count as livable square footage. Here, AC is not required.

So, I'd contact the county assessor in your area. Hope this helps!

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 7:13PM
More Discussions
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Our Pool Remodel with Mr. Carlos Pools
So after much searching and many quotes from diffirent...
evepineda02
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™