Does anyone regret using concrete pavers

banana_fannaMay 5, 2011

for their pool decks? If so, why?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
banana_fanna

Also, would you mind sharing the price per sq you paid for your pavers?

Thanks

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 6:41PM
marta_p

Hi again, we just had our pavers laid this week - they look great! we chose techo bloc blu and paid $16 psf for most and $15 psf for some that we added on. I think you can probably get a better price - I've heard rumors that some will do it for the same cost as poured concrete. You might want to confirm with your pool builder that they can lay the jump rock on a paver - ours will not. Which pavers have you been looking at? If you like unilock I hear that they have a great factory sale a couple of times a year. Search this forum for Cutter10 and you'll find a thread.

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 2:32PM
brentr_gw

We love our pavers and are very glad we went with them. Look at our pool build. You do not want to know because Florida is unusually low compared to the rest of the country. Well if you must know, it was included in the price of the pool and our pool cost 21k

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pool build in Jacksonville

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 5:15PM
c9pilot

I'm loving my Shellock Artistic Pavers that were put in last week. They definitely stay cooler in the hot afternoon sun than my neighbors reddish concrete pavers. Still need their final acid wash, not sealing these. The shells look really neat.
I think they were about $7-9sf installed here in Florida. Some PBs added shipping charges, too, because they are really, really dense (heavy) and ship from Miami.

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 8:43AM
marta_p

Hi Banana, I forgot to mention that I've learned it's harder (read: more expensive) to install a cover and safety fence with pavers than it is with poured or stamped concrete or exposed aggregate. Just something to keep in mind.

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 10:21AM
More Discussions
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™