Retractable Screens for very large openings?

BlackAceJuly 4, 2013

Hi all--

My wife and I are sitting on our back porch today brainstorming ways to improve that space. We'd like to screen it in, but would prefer to do so with a retractable screen system (manual) to maintain the flexibility of the space.

I'm having a hard time finding a product/vendor that offers screens in the widths we'd need. Our openings are 116", 180" and 223". We have a couple of vendors locally who have motorized options at these sizes, but not anything manual.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
krisestl

Hi BlackAce:
Phantom Screens offers large retractable screens (Executive screens) suitable for porches and other covered outdoor openings. While the majority of Executive screens are motorized, it is possible to order a manual unit - the availability will depend on your porch height and mesh choice. You can start by calling 1-888-PHANTOM to talk to Phantom Screens distributor in your area (or go to http://www.phantomscreens.com/where-to-purchase/ and enter your zip code to find a distributor in your area). Manual units, while available, are not common as most homeowners prefer motorized units (you`ll need to be prepared to use the hand crank to manually raise and lower the screens).

Here is a link that might be useful: Phantom Screens: manufacturer of retractable screens for doors, windows, and large openings

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:17PM
Leting

You can have a porch enclosure done using custom fabricated glass panels and doors made from aluminium rails.

Here is a link that might be useful: porch enclosures

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 1:44AM
elsa4sound

I've been wondering about the possibility of using eze-breeze garage doors as a large retractable screen. I was thinking for screening in a pool or patio - but I don't know how it would be.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eze breeze garage door screens

Bookmark   July 25, 2013 at 6:57PM
More Discussions
Venting a wood column to prevent rot
I have purchased some old wood columns that are stave...
dustynight
Slate or stone tile on a raised deck?
Has anyone used slate or stone tile on a raised deck?...
freedee
Cement tiles on raised deck?
As a result of home renovations, I will be raising...
swguru
Best material for a covered porch flooring
Hi all. I need to replace a covered porch floor...again....
Mags438
Can't keep porch paint from peeling
We had a complete porch and deck tear off and replaced...
zorroslw1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™