I seriously need some help!!

warden291March 16, 2014

Hello,
I have been lurking around this forum for several months and am so overwhelmed with our kitchen redo I've decided to join the fray and post a question before I start pulling my hair out!!
My wife and I are planning on starting our kitchen remodel in a year or so and the decisions to be made are well...you know.
Here's my short list so far...tell me if you would change anything....
Sub zero 42" fridge
Kitchen aid or Wolf 6 burner stove top
Kitchen aid warming drawer
Electrolux electric double wall oven
Still deciding on the steam oven option...Viking or Wolf
relocating our 1 year old Kitchen aid dishwasher...it's just to new to discard in my opinion.

I initially was interested in a few of the Viking products but from reading this forum I'm holding off even though they are under new ownership and have revamped many of their appliances.

I would really appreciate any and all thoughts on our appliance choices so far.

As a side note my wife has picked a knotty alder wood cabinet setup with granite countertop and island. I finally talked her out of the marble.

This post was edited by warden291 on Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 19:45

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Trebruchet

warden291:

This sounds like an extensive job. I suggest you seek professional design help immediately.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 7:03PM
raee_gw

I am not really sure just what it is you want help with. Do you need some reassurance about your appliance choices? We don't know what your space will be like, your layout, your budget, anything. So, we don't know how those items would work for you, other than to maybe say, "oh yes I have that fridge and this is what I like or don't like about it." Is that what you are looking for?

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 7:15PM
canuckplayer

When your floorplan is drawn up, post it here. There are many good GWers here to help you "tweak" it. Sometimes, someone else sees something we miss.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 7:18PM
warden291

Yes raee....that's exactly what I need...feedback on my appliance choices. Space issues and layout are not a problem...we've got that figured out already. Budget is not an issue. I just need to have an informed opinion on these appliance choices before I start writing the checks. I really hate those woulda ..shoulda ..coulda's.

and to the other comment...I don't need any professional design help. We have already consulted with the cabinet guy who will also be the general contractor on the whole project.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 7:27PM
warden291

Sorry for the confusion...I should have been more clear about what I needed advice on with the initial posting....my bad.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 7:33PM
diyguyjr

I have the Elux Icon double ovens. The ovens have a warming feature. That may help eliminate the warming drawer if you wish to have more storage space.

If the six burner top is a range top a lot of gw members seem to lean a bit towards Capital Culinarian or Bluestar.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 7:58PM
may_flowers

I would post in Appliances. They know this stuff inside and out. Here it's mainly about marble. ; )

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 8:06PM
warden291

Just moved it ...... Thank you.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 9:15PM
More Discussions
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
Pot filler, Gooseneck or Pullout over Prep sink
I’ve searched the internet for similar topics but...
Gemcap
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™