Paintable composite porch flooring

nancyfcJuly 24, 2011

I need to replace a small front door porch stoop, which is currently black opaque-stained wood. My contractor suggested that I look into the newer, better composite or all-resin tongue & groove porch flooring. Azek seems to be well-regarded, but comes only in light colors (I'm afraid my light gray house is a different tone, and the colors wouldn't look right).

Aeratis Traditions or Classic, their web site says, is paintable. Has anyone built a porch with Aeratis? Is the paint retention on the Aeratis as good as they say? Is it slippery? I found regular alkyd porch paint was very slippery on my wood porches, which is why I switched to opaque stain.

Alternatively, I haven't found synthetic tongue & groove boards available in black or dark gray, but I would love to hear if anyone knows of such products.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pvcdeckman

If you're looking for a good option for Long lasting tongue and groove flooring outdoors - You're right to consider composite. You mentioned Azek which I would recommend as well - but if they don't have your colors try Gossen. I've installed produce from both manufactures and can't tell a difference. I actually thing Gossen is a better product when it's all finished. I also think Gossen has a darker color that you're looking for called London Grey... It's worth a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gossen Tongue and groove

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 11:22AM
More Discussions
Best material for a covered porch flooring
Hi all. I need to replace a covered porch floor...again....
Mags438
How bad is this- builder did not use stainless screws on ipe?
I have a mess on my hands and would appreciate any...
LaylaJane
Deck stain question for ipe and cedar and pine:
screened in application. ipe floor, clipped. cedar...
kellyrike
Best concrete sealer to prevent salt damage? Any virgin concrete
I'm not sure which part of the forum this question...
growingadvice
decorative Concrete porch floor over concrete?
We poured our porch a couple of years ago, thinking...
DruidClark
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™