PB put b-ball anchors wrong distance - what to do?

mimi72May 14, 2012

Please tell me what you would do about this. We put in an inground pool last year. The PB sold the SR Smith saltwater commercial basketball hoop for the pool, but it cost so much we decided to wait a season and had him just put in the brass anchors when he poured the concrete. He was more than happy to do that.

Well, I bought the b-ball hoop over the winter, the exact same one the PB sells, and we went to try to put it in but the anchors were placed 18.5" apart rather than the required 17.5".

The PB acknowledges that they need to be 18.5" for the equipment. He wants to take the set of support posts for the system back to his shop and have his guys "assemble it to fit" the 18.5 anchors that we have.

I'm not too thrilled about this. It just won't be right. I'm sure the warranty on the ~$700 thing will be voided, although I'm sure the pool guy will say he will replace it if we ever have a problem. We had a decent building experience with him and he is known to do quality work. Could be a little more responsive when there's a problem though.

The alternative I guess is having him drill new holes? Where? - since the current ones are in just the right place - shallow end just as it starts to slope deep. It's a figure 8 shape pool with all borders curved so not a ton of great placement options. His guys drilled anchors for the pool cover after last season was over and those holes are a chipped up mess, I'm if they do new ones for the bball hoop they won't look nice either.

What would you do? Any advice appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trhought

mimi...sorry to hear about your basketball anchor positions.

SR Smith custom made our stainless steel poles for our combination volleyball/basketball court.

I would ask your PB to have SR Smith make a custom pole to fit your spacing.

Hope this helps.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 7:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mimi72

trhought...that's an idea...I will call SR Smith and ask about it.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 8:15PM
More Discussions
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
mtrade01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™