Help me pick flooring for our kitchen

czarinalexMarch 14, 2013

We had a flood in our house and have to replace all the floors. The floors will go both on the main floor where the kitchen is open to LR & DR and on the second level in the bedrooms.

All the flooring I liked has a similar color tone. Do you think this is enough of a contrast with the cherry cabinets?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wi-sailorgirl

For me, that wouldn't be enough contrast to the cabinets, but that's entirely a personal decision. Of the four you posted, I like the first one (Maple Sierra) the best, but that's probably because it has the most contrast while still being a warm color tone.

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 6:18PM
williamsem

^^^ what she said, lol! Semigloss.

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 9:10PM
herbflavor

I'd take option number 2 of this group.

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 9:37PM
czarinalex

It's such a hard decision... This is flooring we would be putting in our whole house, not just the kitchen. It needs to look good in the LR, hallways & bedrooms as well. I want a medium tone.. one which looks modern, but easy to keep clean.
Worst part.. I need to make a decision quickly. Just having a hard time with all the decisions and stress literally overnight.

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 10:45PM
mpagmom

I feel for you - I remember staying up late at night staring at my flooring sample boards when we were building our house. Finally my builder told me he could install unfinished wood and stain it any color for the same amount, and I was so relieved. I wouldn't want to do that in a house I'm living in, though.

I really like the low gloss maple sierra. It has enough contrast with the cabinets and a bit of a reddish tone. I feel like low gloss is more modern, but I don't worry too much about trends. Are 1 and 4 the same except different widths? I obsessed over the width of ours, but once you get all your stuff in I don't think you even notice it.

Good luck with the new floor. Whatever you choose will be beautiful!

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
Really want to improve my kitchen layout…
I was hoping to get some ideas as to how to layout...
lisakro
Help, my new white lacquer cabinets are peeling!
Hello, We reno'd our kitchen 1.5 years ago and installed...
cece1213
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
New Layout Help Please
Here's a first go of a new layout. We eat many meals...
sebandninasmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™