What's for dinner Saturday?

patti43April 20, 2013

It is cold here today. 59 degrees when I got up and down to 55 right now. Haven't seen the sun all day. I've been watching a litle rabbit in our back yard eating the weeds. So cute!

Tonight is leftover turkey breast. I don't know how I did it, but it's the most tender one I've ever cooked. We'll have potatoes au gratin, something green and the sauteed apples I didn't make last night.

Hope you're having a nice weekend. What are you having for dinner tonight?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carol_in_california

Pork roast with carrots, onions and potatoes, rutabegas and green beans.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 5:15PM
patti43

Oh, Carol, that sounds so good--and healthy, too. Did you grow any/all of the vegetables? Know you will enjoy your meal. (If not, my address is.....) ;0

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 5:22PM
jude31

Beef tenderloin on the grill with baked potato and salad.

Patti, how do you cook your sauteed apples? Having dinner with friends tomorrow night and she asked that I bring apples. Any special kind of apple....I have Jonathan on hand, Granny Smith maybe?

jude

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 5:35PM
gadgets

I got lazy. I made homemade vegetable soup. Didn't want to cook anything else so pulled a lean cuisine fiesta grilled chicken from the freezer. Had a cup of my soup as my 'vegetable'.

That's really cold for your area, Patti. It was 33 here in Ohio this morning, and is only in low 40s right now. Brrrr

Shirley

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 5:50PM
mary3444

This morning we had frost, it was 32 when we woke up. I decided to make chicken breast that I flattened & breaded with panco bread crumbs. Made a big bowl of macaroni salad to go with it. For dessert I made a cho. chip angel food cake. trying to get some more spring cleaning done.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 5:59PM
marilyn_c

Chicken and dressing.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 6:00PM
glenda_al

Five Guys for a little burger with lettuce and grilled onions.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 6:43PM
stacey_mb

Glenda, lucky you going to Five Guys. Their restaurant recently opened here, but it's so popular, we haven't been able to get a toe in the door!

Today, our 45th wedding anniversary, we had a quiet dinner, just the two of us. Scalloped potatoes with cheese, bavarian sausages and sauteed grape tomatoes. Going out to a specialty bake shop later to pick up dessert. Tomorrow is dinner with DS and his family.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 6:57PM
Georgysmom

I went to a play with a friend today....Steel Magnolias. DH joined us at Bonefish afterwards for dinner. Shared the usual Mussels Josephine and had another appetizer for dinner. I did get to making the spaghetti sauce last night so tomorrow dinner is already taken care of.

Patti, that's even colder than here! It was in the low 60's today.

Stacey, Happy Anniversary.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 7:20PM
patti43

Jude, is this a special occasion? Your dinner sure sounds like it. Here is the apple recipe I used:
Fried Apples

8 medium Granny Smith apples, chopped (I used 4 Gala)
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Add apples and remaining ingredients. Saute 15 to 20 minutes or until apples or tender. Serves 6. (If you use 8 apples.)

Shirley, it was a good day for vegetable soup. I have the heat back on but Harry's still cold.

Mary, your sure keep busy! I love macaroni salad, but I don't like mine all that much. Wish I could have a bowlful of my mother's again.

Marilyn, you cook the best meals for being as busy as you are! We ended up with turkey with leftover dressing from last night. (I was on the phone with my sister too long to do the potatoes.)

Glenda, sounds delicious--I know you don't care for them, but I'd have to have fries with it. Haven't tried one with grilled onions--next time, whenever that may be.

Stacey, happy anniversary! Hope you have many more. Enjoy tomorrow with family, too.

Georgysmom, I just love Steel Magnolias and watch it every time I see it's on TV. Sounds like a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. We usually only order from the appetizer list when we eat out. Otherwise we overeat and bring enough home for two more meals.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 8:09PM
susanjf_gw

they had the nicest soft french bread at wal mart today...so bought a loaf and made french bread pizza...dh ate all of his but i saved half for tomorrow lunch....our dessert was the rest of our sonic slushies...

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 8:23PM
jude31

Thanks Patti. It's dinner with special friends!

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 8:35PM
lindaohnowga

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 8:41PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

We went to Alicias Mexican restaurant and I had the Fajita nachos with a side of guacamole, it was delicious.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 9:24PM
marilyn_c

Patti, by the time I got it cooked, I was out of the notion to eat. I ate very little but it will be good heated up tomorrow.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 9:54PM
bengardening

I had chicken alfredo pizza. It was snowing here again today in mid SD

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 11:35PM
jmc01

Congrats, Stacey_mb!

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 11:44PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Grilled marinated chicken and vegetable k-bobs with a multi grain medley we like so much. I used coconut oil as the fat to season the rice and it gave just a hint of coconutty aroma. I've not used it like that before, but I sure will again.

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 5:46AM
More Discussions
Site of the Day Mar 5
Wise Bread - personal finance and frugal living. http://www.wisebread.com/...
caseynfld
I finally finished!!!
Year End is DONE!!! Took 4 days, about 3 days longer...
prairie_rose
Dinner at 8 (#6)
Grace Kelly is your guest of honor. Who else do you...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Should I feel guilty?
For being at tkt all day at work? I get bored when...
lisaw2015
Mattress recomendations
i was wondering if anyone has a foam mattress they...
Rose Pekelnicky
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™