underdeck waterproofing

bsacksJuly 30, 2011

Can anyone recommend a system to waterproof under my existing deck? I live in NY. I'm looking for something that can handle snow and is attractive. Most seem either ugly or flimsy (or both). The other feature that would be great is where you can easily remove a piece of it to clear debris, but I'm not sure if this is really an important feature.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SteveVFX4

I'm in PA and I priced out various systems earlier this year and they wanted $5k to $7k installed for my 20x18 deck. I don't recall the brand names.

What I will eventually do either this fall or next spring is use metal roof panels instead. I've read about a contractor on here and a few others that have successfully done this. I tried posting a question awhile back but nobody responded to it (see link).

Anyways, I did price out all the materials and it was only $720. So I hope to get to this project soon.

I don't get alot of debris on my deck (no trees nearby), but I should be able to easily flush out the panels with a hose rather than having to remove them.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/porch/msg051341065280.html

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 10:05AM
More Discussions
Would love your input for stair/deck remodel on midcentury home!
As you can see, we inherited an interesting staircase...
Kate
Exposed wiring in patio cover
We are building a new backyard patio cover and the...
vweidman
Ipe deck with wood boring insect holes
Had a deck built of Ipe about a year ago in the Bay...
sigepsb1
new aluminum decking install 2014
We have an elevated 570sqft deck about 10ft above grade....
k_rider
Bluestone Scratches from High Pressure Hose! HELP!!!
I used a High Pressure Hose and used, unfortunately,...
duffydawg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™