gunite pool elevation question

shellipMay 31, 2011

We have a new gunite pool with infinity edge being built. The gunite has been shot and the water line tiles placed. We were preparing for our deck, when the patio guys noticed the PB built the pool too high out of the ground and there is twice as much slope toward the house as there should be. The pool is about 5-6" too high. Does anyone know of a way to knock down the height of the pool without having to totally start over? I am new to the forum and am not sure how to post photos. Any advice would be very helpful.

thanks,

shellip

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shellip
    Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 1:01PM
golfgeek

shellip,
There is no way to cut down the top of the pool without affecting the structure and all of the depths.

Would suggest that you meet with PB and the deck contractor to discuss the options. Photo indicates that you might have room to compromise with the existing elevation. Good luck.

Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 2:00PM
wamaha

I'm no PB or plumber, but I have seen some drainage type systems in between the pool decking and the house decking. Most of the time I have seen it, it was between old decking and new, but I can't see why you couldn't just put in in as an expansion joint in a totally new system.

Again, not a PB or a plumber, but could be a fix.

Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 3:04PM
poolguynj

I saw this this morning but didn't have time to reply. I agree with both of the other contributors.

Scott

Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 10:34PM
shellip

Thanks to all of you.
Attached you will see the orig. plans which called for everything in the section "sun deck and new terrace" to be on the same level w/ 1.5% grade toward the house.
What are your thoughts on having the area from the coping of the splash deck toward the pool on both sides (sun deck)at the heigher pool level, and a step down toward the house to the area called new terrace? I think it would be about a 6" step down. If you think that would work, would you put trench drains on the upper level also? BTW, all the roof lines drain onto the terrace area. Only the covered porch drains into the yard.

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™