where to buy ipe

Louise27104July 2, 2013

I'm getting ready to pay someone to build my deck, and I want to use ipe. Read some positive comments here about ipedepot.com, dating from 2007. Has anyone used them recently, and are they still so highly recommended? I live in NC. Also, a local dealer told me he has a hard time getting ipe (could not find any pre-grooved) and suggested tigerwood. Is that a good idea? What about garapa? I know nothing about any of this; but what I want is a beautiful silvery grey deck like my friend's, with wood from a sustainable source. Thanks for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gvgemtp

There are several good places. One that gets a lot of attention is East Teak in South Carolina. Ask for George

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 4:35PM
manysplinters

This year and about 4 years ago I bought Ipe Decking from Rogers sales on Long Island tel 516-661-0398 they have some Cumaru also - only in a few sizes 1 x 6 and 5/4 x 6 they have Ipe in all sizes. I am in NYC they delivered on their own truck, I guess they ship out of town. They were 30% cheaper than my lumber yard - top notch beautiful lumber/ Speak with Jim [e-mail : jim@exoticveneers.net ] or Jack over there

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 5:11PM
mike13

Capitol City Lumber in Raleigh carries IPE but is fairly expensive.

I built my IPE deck several years ago & bought it from Inter Continental Hardwoods in Currie, NC. http://ichardwoods.com/

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 4:43AM
Builder-Bob

I can also vouch for

www.EastTeak.com

www.efloor.com

I save a ton using both, if you can go with short lengths ask for a discount! (short as in 3' to 7' lengths), if not still ask haha!

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 3:59PM
More Discussions
Deck with no door to interior of the house?
I would love to build a deck off the back of our house...
Lowri de Jager
Gravel/Crushed Rock for a Patio
We are in the process of purchasing a house in Boynton...
splais
Help finishing inside screened porch
Need suggestions. I don't know how to finish the top...
hlastala
Deck stain question for ipe and cedar and pine:
screened in application. ipe floor, clipped. cedar...
kellyrike
How bad is this- builder did not use stainless screws on ipe?
I have a mess on my hands and would appreciate any...
LaylaJane
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™