Polaris 280 'Over the Deck'

raywboMay 22, 2011

Hi All,

I was going to retrofit a booster line to my vinyl IG pool via one of the existing 3 fiber optic fittings, but am also considering the possibility a 3/4 quick disconnect garden hose (pump shed ~25 feet from pool) and fashioning up a removable over the deck connection near my center skimmer.

I have had a robotic cleaner (Dolphin) and to me, hauling that beast in and out of the pool along with storing it and it's caddy is alot more work than rolling out or coiling up a garden hose + the 280. In all my research, it's apparent the Polaris 280 is king of the pool cleaners based on user experience - unfortunately, I could not find to much out there on "soft plumbed" installs. I'm curious if there issues the experts here might be aware of before I order one along with a booster pump..

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Use either black Goodyear or Craftsman hoses. My Goodyears' (I have 4 50'ers) are over 10 years old!

Scott

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 6:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raywbo

Thanks to you both for your feedback.. I am now going to go this route and the bit of inconvenience with a short hose is no worse that a robot with it's plug, caddy and hose!

Agreed on the black HD garden hose.. I too bought some at sears ~14 years ago and they are still good!

I was going with the TankTrax version of the 280 because my pool is vinyl - do you have an opinion on that or does it really matter much over the wheeled version?

Thanks again,
Ray

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 6:10PM
More Discussions
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Pools
I would really like to know what kinds of materials...
zthal24
Obsessing over pool finishes
Hello all, I am looking for any and all advice on pool...
megankheaps
Please evaluate my quote for new pool build
I recently received the following quote for a vinyl...
alf87
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™