Ocean View - finally done!

geezerfolks_SharonG_FLDecember 7, 2007

I like how this quilt turned out but I'm so glad it's done! I felt guilty when I wasn't working on it cause it needed to be completed. Now, I don't have to feel guilty when working on something else! I call this Ocean View because it sorta looks like looking through a window at the dolphins and whales. Blocks used: Snowball and Friendship Star

SharonG/FL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glassquilt

Lovely quilt. Thanks for naming the blocks used.

Bookmark   December 7, 2007 at 4:37PM
day2day

The snowball block is so versatile.I like looking at all the different ways it can be used. I like the lighter blue and the dolphins,but my favorite is the border fabric.It looks like ocean waves.I'd love to have some of it.May I ask where you got it?
~Geraldine

Bookmark   December 8, 2007 at 10:09AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I, too, like the various patterns the Snowball can make and how it varies with fabric placement when using 2 blocks. I really like the design these 2 made!

It 'is' ocean waves fabric and was challenging to work with as I pieced all 4 borders....kept having to make sure the waves weren't upside down! I thought I had more left than what I found in my scraps, but I can't find it and there's not even anything with a selvedge edge on it! I think I might have gotten it at Calico Point in Indiana...but I'm not sure. It feels like better fabric than what Walmart would have, but I've gotten some good stuff there sometimes. Sorry, that's the best I can do.......

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   December 8, 2007 at 3:45PM
love2sew

That's incredible the 3D effect you get using those 2 blocks and your dolphin fabric. Great job.
Jean

Bookmark   December 8, 2007 at 8:04PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Thanks, Jean. I think using the stark white for the Friendship Star block and the bright/dark blue with the dophins fabric really made it stand out.

Bookmark   December 9, 2007 at 10:17AM
rosajoe_gw

That is beautiful Sharon. I love the fabric too. But then all of your projects are master pieces!!!!!!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   December 15, 2007 at 4:48PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Wow, Rosa, Thank you! I do love to put quilt tops together. My fav part keeps changing, but that's where I'm at now. @:)

I've been a little at loose ends since I finished this one. I'm working on a Sudoku (I don't know how to pronounce it) and I need to put a border on a Novelty on Point I did. That was a new technique that if I do again I don't think I'll use 6" squares.....I think it's too big, but I'll have to wait til it's complete to know for sure.

Bookmark   December 15, 2007 at 7:40PM
maryliz

Another nice one! I like the diagonal lattice effect.

Bookmark   December 18, 2007 at 12:58PM
chrizty

wow! good work! i realy love the pattern n fabric thats so cool!

Bookmark   December 20, 2007 at 1:59AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Thank you, Maryliz and Chrizty. It was fun to make. I think there are too many similarities in the dolphin/whale blocks so would probably take the measurement of the repeat in the fabric in consideration next time....hind-sight.

Bookmark   December 20, 2007 at 8:15AM
More Discussions
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
2015 February Block Lotto
(posting this a bit early so you can get a head start...
toolgranny
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™