Latest Comfort Quilt

grammypOctober 18, 2008

Here is my latest comfort quilt. It is for one of our respiratory tech's whose house burned a couple of weeks ago. The colors are really brighter than they look in the picture. Since I am using up fabrics I didn't have enough of a fabric I liked for the back, so I put it on a piece of yellow fleece I had.

The front

The back, showing the decorative stitch I used for quilting.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Great job, Beverly. I like the idea of the decorative stitch on this, too. Someday I hope to do another one of these.

Sharon

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 11:31AM
rosajoe_gw

Beverly that is beautiful!!! I love the framed rails. Your decorative stitching is a beautiful touch, it makes the quilt reversible.
When you use flannel do you also use a batting????? It does look so comfy!!!!!!!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 5:01PM
gerizone5

Very pretty quilt. I also love the decorative stitching.

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 6:58PM
deannabsd

How nice of you, Beverly. It seems like you are always posting pics of things you have done for others.

Are the rails brown? I love that design. Nice work.Deanna

Bookmark   October 22, 2008 at 11:37PM
salijo

Those fabrics are lovely together. How thoughtful of you to make it for someone in need.

Of course, I personally know how thoughtful you are from when I purchased my first home last year and received a plant almost anonymously from someone who signed it with something that looked like an online identity nickname and I had never been to this forum and was really clueless as to who this person was! LOL. But it was very beautiful and thoughtful! I was touched that someone I didn't know would send me a housewarming gift!

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 8:13PM
grammyp

Deanna, they are black. Camera was a bit off that evening. You are most welcome Salijo, how is the house? Have you finished up all your little projects?

beverly

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 11:16PM
salijo

Well, the house ended up having to have a couple of big projects that I wasn't counting on; so all the little projects have not been touched. But the house is still standing and it's inhabitable, which is basically all that is needed, correct? I'm grateful that I have it.

Bookmark   October 30, 2008 at 10:09PM
grammyp

You are so right salijo. If it does it's job and it is all yours, then that is a good thing. Ours has reached the age to need some work, but it will have to wait a while. They are not have to haves right now.

beverly

Bookmark   October 31, 2008 at 12:49AM
lola99

I love your quilt. I have a little cold right now and IÂve got a cough drop in my mouth as I read this and I wish I had your quilt wrapped around me  it just has that feel about it!

Bookmark   November 10, 2008 at 10:21AM
grammyp

Hope you get to feeling better Lola. I had it last week and it isn't fun at all.

beverly

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 12:17AM
bonnie_nmi

Beautiful quilt, Beverly. I love seeing the pictures of everyone's work, but I hardly ever remember to check the gallery. The decorative stitching is an extra nice touch.

Bonnie

Bookmark   February 7, 2009 at 7:54PM
aezarien

I love the yellow and black together. When you did the decorative stitching did you sew it directly or did you use a stabilizer of some sort?

Bookmark   February 24, 2009 at 2:17PM
jck1210

Your quilt is beautiful!! I keep trying to find a name for this pattern so i can make one myself. Can someone help me with the name of this pattern??

Bookmark   July 22, 2009 at 8:38AM
lots2do

If you scroll down to latest QOV posting, you can find the directions. There's another one there to look at too.
lots2do

Bookmark   July 27, 2009 at 7:33PM
More Discussions
Need advice for quilting a thin top that I've had for 25 years
i was gifted a quilt kit when I was 13 or 14; it's...
alix4015
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
First & Second completed quilted table runners I made...
This is the second one I made... I made this for my...
shihtzu4su
Washing polyester quilt tops?
Hello, My granny recently gave me a couple of quilt...
anniebeagle
Are you quilting this weekend? March 27-29
I stayed up late last night making a teapot block for...
lindaoh_gw
Sponsored Products
Chrome Walnut Finish Towel Bathroom Rack Stand Shelf
Overstock.com
Olive & Sage Gramercy Park Reversible Quilt Set
$29.99 | zulily
Sunset Paisley Quilt Set
$59.99 | zulily
Madeline Floral Quilt Twin
$251.90 | Horchow
Quilted Paw Blanket Coat for Dogs - 688368
$25.99 | Hayneedle
Standard Battersea Quilted Sham - IVORY
$140.00 | Horchow
Rizzy Home Embroidery Leaves Design with Felt Flange Decorative Accent Pillow Mu
$48.00 | Hayneedle
Madison Park Jessica 6-piece Cotton Coverlet Set
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™