Playing with Lucy's directions for non-SnW...

geezerfolks_SharonG_FLSeptember 25, 2006

I tried to take a pic of all the blocks I have done but they are so colorful, I can't size them small enough to post without having them go all blurry. DH said to just post one block, so here tis......

I think it's really too too busy and it hurts my head to look at all of them at once. I think I'm going to use a lime green for sashing and black for a cornerstone. At least that's the plan for now.

SharonG/FL

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coverlea

I love it... Great colours.. But maybe as you say Sharon a whole quilt in this fabric may look a bit busy.. :-)

Michelle

Bookmark   September 26, 2006 at 8:56AM
hoerlel

Sharon, I think that looks great. I think once you put the sashing around the blocks, it will tone them down because I thought the same thing about my blocks when I first started them and once the sashing was on, I was pleased with the results.

Bookmark   September 26, 2006 at 9:15AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I'm going to have to wait to see what this looks like when I get it all together. A gal from Tinidad ordered a 'flowery' quilt and she loves color! Not sure if this will work or not, but will see when I get it done. She does like 'loud' though.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   September 26, 2006 at 10:22AM
rosajoe_gw

I am not really a 'loud' person, but I do like that block!! Maybe my tastes a changing!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   September 27, 2006 at 3:43PM
grammyp

I love the colors, brights are my thing, but a solid quilt of those blocks may get a bit busy. How about alternating the floral blocks with a solid or a 9-patch. That would tone it down a bit.

beverly

Bookmark   September 27, 2006 at 10:31PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I have the quilt top done and have a pic taken....DH isn't in here to help me hang it higher so I think I'll wait to post a pic of it til I can get a pic of the whole thing. It turned out ok....I used yellow sashing with lime green cornerstones. Next is a small black border then the last border is pink.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 8:57PM
More Discussions
2015 February Block Lotto
(posting this a bit early so you can get a head start...
toolgranny
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™