Our neighborhood sewing group was challanged and given a pattern by one neighbor-a former Home_Ec teacher to make this rag quilt. I made mine in 9 blocks rather than put the whole top together because I wanted to quilt as I went by using a design on my embroidery machine. ( her instructions was to cross each block with and X). My batting shows around each square but I have decided it gives it character and adds interest and softness. It is 60 inches square. I did not enjoy cutting all those edges because it is just the opposite of what we are usually doing getting every thing as neat as possible. I did get a special pair of sissors for rag quilt cutting and they were great. I do like it now that it is finished. I found the hardest thing about using the embroidery machine to quilt was getting it in the hoop but it was fun.
The last picture shows the back. I didn't have quite enough of that fabric so the middle square on the back is the same as the solid purple on the front.