DD's graduation quilt pictures

Laura_IAJuly 17, 2007

Hopefully! It has been a long time since I've posted any pictures here.

This started out as just a couple "panels" of pictures I was going to do for DD and incorporate them into a 'regular' block quilt. Before I knew it, I had way too many pictures and I just couldn't make myself pare it down. The end result is not very "quilty" but she absolutely loved it.

I'm totally thrilled with the quality of how the pictures turned out, and I printed them all on an HP home printer using June Tailor's fabric sheets.

Here's a close-up of the panel with her senior pictures. The embroidered text says Senior Year....also known as....it's all about me"

close-up of her Skating pictures panel. The letters are appliqued from fabric that I used to make several of her skating dresses through the years:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glassquilt

Great quilt!! What wonderful memories you've incorporated.

Bookmark   July 18, 2007 at 10:29AM
rosajoe_gw

What a wonderful gift, she is lucky to have such a thoughtful Mother.
Rosa

Bookmark   July 18, 2007 at 1:06PM
memo

Laura, I'm new to this board, but I just had to tell you how wonderful this quilt is. It's worth 10x it's weight in sentimental value. You did a wonderful job on it and it's very pleasing to look at too. Your daughter is a lovely young woman. Congratulations to both of you!

MeMo

Bookmark   September 22, 2007 at 6:56PM
day2day

Laura, that is a beautiful quilt.No wonder she liked it. It's so full of love. Your daughter is a lovely young lady and very lucky to have a wonderful Mom like you....Geraldine

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 6:47AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Laura, WOW!!! What a great quilt! Your daughter has a ton of memories there.....right down to the fabric from some of her skating dresses. Good job!

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 9:11AM
chrizty

wow! what a great idea! its like a scrapbook quilt, i love it, you did a wonderful job, very pretty daughter ya got,

Bookmark   December 21, 2007 at 11:26PM
More Discussions
Retreat finishes: 2013-2014
Three down...don't ask how many more to go :-)! All...
littlehelen_gw
Free Zelda Quilt Along to start soon
http://www.quiltinglinda.com/category-quilting/2015/02/16/free-zelda-quilt-along/ For...
lindaoh_gw
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
Showing off 2 quilts my Mom made!
She gave me this one: This one is for friends of my...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™