where to buy ready seal in SF bay area?

nonaberrieJune 8, 2006

Hi everyone, we've just finished a cedar privacy fence and are ready to seal/stain. We've tested ATO which is what we used on our ipe deck but are interested in trying Ready Seal, mostly because of good reviews here and on the stripping forum. I've googled extensively, however, and can't seem to find any distributors in my area. There are plently in the midwest and Texas....is my only option to order online? I'm hoping to avoid this as we will probably get a 5 gallon can of the stuff and shipping can run high.

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nonaberrie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pressurepros

Ready Seal is a contractor only product so there is little retail distribution. Good stuff on soft woods. I am not really sure about using it on ipe, which is a naturally oily wood and will repel a mineral based product and fade quickly. The nice thing about Ready Seal is it is easy to apply and maintenance is a snap, no stripping. The downside is you need to apply it more often and I would worry about it rubbing off on feet and hands.

Bookmark   June 9, 2006 at 10:15AM
catkin

Posted by pressurepros (My Page) on Fri, Jun 9, 06 at 10:15

Ready Seal is a contractor only product so there is little retail distribution. Good stuff on soft woods. I am not really sure about using it on ipe, which is a naturally oily wood and will repel a mineral based product and fade quickly. The nice thing about Ready Seal is it is easy to apply and maintenance is a snap, no stripping. The downside is you need to apply it more often and I would worry about it rubbing off on feet and hands.
Why would you say it's contractors only?????
I just purchased a couple of gallons by calling the 1-888-782-4648 at Ready Seal's website.

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 9:00AM
tommyw

It seems many products are not permitted for sale in California due to their "unique" regulations. Perhaps it's the case with this product.

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 12:35PM
pressurepros

It has been contractor grade only for a long time. they are open to the public now. I now recommend using Baker's Gray Away. Especially for fences. Its lasts a very long time and looks fantastic. Same type of oil as Ready Seal. Oigmentation is different. (I like the appearance of the Baker's better)

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 9:27PM
More Discussions
clear roof over patio
I would like some advice/help with the clear roof over...
ktmast
resurface the deck?
Does anyone have experience with this product for resurfacing...
windymess z5
How many steps to enter the house?
Just curious here, working with new construction determining...
deviantnic
TWP and One Time stain...2 years later
I built a deck in the summer of 2009. Decking was garapa...
weedyacres
Ideas for front porch needed
Hello. We bought a house that was new construction....
jsandlin0803
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™