Still Playing w Hooded Towels

rosajoe_gwJune 29, 2008

I was searching for a way to fold the hooded towels for a boutique effect. Most of the patterns use a wash cloth for the hood, but I wanted something bigger. The first towel I made had a pleated hood but it was so thick I had a hard time sewing it. Cute, but would take forever to dry.

I stopped with the bindings because I have tried everything and the terrycloth shifts and there is no way in the world I am going to hand sew on a towel binding LOL.

For this one I used a hand towel size piece of a towel and I cut it into a rectangle,embroidered then sewed on the towel with the long end in front. It did take me a while to learn to roll the towel tight enough to stand by itself. Ingore the ribbon I used it is just a piece of material I had on hand.

I am going to tie it with yellow ribbon, put it in a clear bag, and tie a yellow ribbon at the top of the clear bag. I think this will make great shower and B-Day gifts. I am making bottle aprons and they are really cute too, the only prob is I can't seem to get them a size that will fit any of my bottles!!!!!

Rosa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennifer_in_va

That is darling! They'd certainly make great gifts!! The possibilities are endless.

Bookmark   June 29, 2008 at 10:48PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Rosa, You've inspired me to play with some towels when I get home! What kind of bottles did you want to have aprons? Beer, wine, .... oh, maybe a dishwashing liquid bottle? heh heh heh.....

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   June 29, 2008 at 11:10PM
rosajoe_gw

Sharon you can't imagine what bottles I have tried these aprons on and they just don't fit anything in my house LOL!!!
I have a tux that would be cute on a wine bottle for a gift.
I am making them for Christmas gifts and I wanted them to fit a hand soap or detergent bottle, I guess I'll try the $ store and get a small bottle. Maybe I'll take my apron to the store, hey, that is it!!!!
This one I made for a friend we worked with and after the layoff she went to school for nursing. She just graduated and I'll just make the apron and she can find a bottle. I was hoping it would fit over a hand sanitizer to sit on her desk. Oh, well!!
Rosa

Bookmark   June 30, 2008 at 1:16PM
love2sew

Great gift idea. The embrodery is really a nice touch. Gee you would think it would be easy to find bottles...good luck.
Jean

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
Just finished
Pattern called Diamond Double from Cozy Quilt. If you...
nannykins
Q for you re blue jean quilts
A group of ladies and myself will be making quilts...
bev2009
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
Need advice on batting and a little help with Houzz
I have only made two quilts, both small ones, and have...
donna_loomis
2015 April Block Lotto
Welcome to the April Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
polardreams
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™